The key focus is on:
- enabling different files for an ebook – event same formats multiple times (that was one of my key issues with Calibre, because it enables only one file per format).
- Easy way to convert ebook to needed format (event from doc files) from selected file. Mass conversion of all ebooks of given author, all ebooks in series, bookshelf.
- Easy way to upload file to new or existing ebook (use metadata in file, auto-completes to add authors, series …) .
- Accessible from any device, responsive design (at least for read – Ebooks readers usually have fairly basic web browsers, so simple pages should be available for ebooks listing and download in such devices).
- Easy and intuitive organization of ebooks using ‘bookshelves’ ( a list of books) – you can have as many bookshelves as needed – ( like Want to read, Top 100 books, Recommended to me, …)
Basic usage of MBS2 – list, search, add ebooks, convert ebooks:
New features added in current ‘beta’ version (bookshelves, merge, mass conversion):
Project is currently in beta status – code is available here at github.
Application can be easily installed and tried with help of the Docker – see instructions for deployment.