Some updates have been done on both audioserve server (now in version 0.6.0) and Android client (now in version 0.7.0):
- on server collection directory structure can be cached in memory for fast search – use option –
- search results also contains folder path (both Android and Web client)
- Web client – cached parts of audio in player are displayed as a green bar
- Android client has now bookmarks (in addition to automatically maintained recently listened) – bookmark button is revealed by swipe left gesture on the item
- Advanced playback options – speed and skip silence – pull up the playback controls to see
Just for comparison – see memory requirements of audioserve vs airsonic:
USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
ivan 2352 0.1 22.2 3115212 845704 ? Sl Oct23 65:42 java ...
ivan 13277 0.0 0.5 124108 22136 ? Sl Nov04 0:18 /opt/audioserve/audioserve ...
25x less virtual memory, 38x less resident memory. audioserve is really lightweight!